There are many amendments made for the CAT exam this year. The admission process is in full swing, students are preparing hard and would do an in-depth research to get the admission in a suitable college.
A good college not only guides the way towards a great career in future, but it also helps an aspirant to build a better character, beliefs and thoughts and this right selection takes them towards a successful life. CAT is an MBA entrance exam, which helps students to get into the IIMs which are very well-known for studying management. In selecting a right B-school please follow the below guidelines
- Approval– Any institution offering an MBA program should be approved by the All India Council for Technical Education. There are some institutions which offer an MBA and give guarantee for placement but are not affiliated with the AICTE. You should avoid such colleges preferably.
- Affiliation– Institutions are associated with a known university or are independent. Each of the categories has different advantages and disadvantages. Universities have the advantage of having a strong foundation and self-dependent institutions have the advantage of offering an updated course, according to the requirement of the current business rules in the market. CAT, MBA exam is a good scoring exam for getting into government affiliated colleges.
- Faculty– It is advisable to check out whether the B-school you are choosing has distinguished, full-time, qualified faculty who can provide you with the best and continuous guidance throughout the program. Try to find the ratio between full-time faculty and the visiting faculty members. The faculty is the prime factor of each institution and program in providing the best education.
- Fee– You are going to study a professional course which can cost you more than your previous courses. So, it is important to know about the fee structure of the course which the institution is charging. If the institution has a good placement and training record in the past, then you can get a suitable return on investment by getting the right placement.
- Location– It is important that the B-school you are choosing is located in an area close to the industry, policy-making bodies and education-hubs. B-schools in metro cities are the top choices among students because of the presence of the top industrial houses belonging to various sectors.
- Placement– Go through the placement record of the B-school and check their previous placement records. Talk to the alumni of the college who are employed in good companies. Also, check the profile of the companies who come to take the interview and how much of an average salary package they offer.
- Infrastructure– It is necessary to visit the campus at least once, where the student will spend most part of the next 2 years of his life. They should feel safe and comfortable. Also, there should be good facilities in the classroom, library, cafeteria, labs, and inn, including internet connection, Wi-Fi and so on. The campus must be student-friendly and should have a decent atmosphere to support studies.