Between managing attendance, job hunting, CounterStrike and right swipes, setting time aside for reading can be a smart way to increase your chance of cracking CAT, CMAT or XAT. The more extensive knowledge base you have, the easier it is for you to score well in RC (Reading Comprehension). Also, as per the latest exam pattern, you can only move to a question if you’ve answered the previous one. That means your mind needs to be prepared for every question appearing on the screen right away.
That’s where reading helps.
At the same time, having a grasp over current hot topics is another must for every MBA aspirant. Missing out the latest national and world affairs could be truly catastrophic to your percentile. Now, there are thousands of websites, books and other reading materials people will recommend. But reading so much doesn’t sound possible, right? That’s why we’ve compiled this list of the best blogs and websites which you can read during a coffee break or while waiting for your date.
If you are an MBA aspirant, bookmark these 9 blogs and websites right now
- New York Times – Dealbook: Through MBA, you are planning to enter an industry that’s as vast as an ocean. No doubt an in-depth knowledge of the industry and commerce would be a prerequisite to passing the entrance. Here’s your ultimate financial news source. From mergers and acquisitions, banking, private equity to venture capital or hedge funds – Dealbook covers every single thing.
- Wall Street Oasis: Read the best articles from the moguls of the world finance community. It’s the Mecca for management professionals. Can’t understand a single thing about Investment Banking? Join the forum and get your questions answered by the top global industry experts.
- HubSpot Blog: With its core focus on three areas- sales, marketing and agency, HubSpot Blog can help you understand sales activity, time management, productivity and lot more. Also, it is the best place to have a grasp on the latest trends and tricks of social media marketing.
- Freakonomics: We’re sure you don’t want miss out a collection of podcasts by some of the best-selling economics-turned-authors. Freakonomics give you the chance to go beyond the popular side of economics. Listen to podcasts and radio, read books, watch lectures to understand the hidden treasures of economics. It’s indeed a treasure trove for MBA aspirants.
- Curious Cat: Economics is a fascinating subject when you understand the game right. These guys gather the most insightful and exciting articles on investing and economics. Also, don’t forget to go through their glossary and library.
- Entrepreneur: Besides improving reading comprehension skills, strengthening your vocabulary is also crucial. Entrepreneur has some of the best articles, valuable content, and industry insights. What more? You get to hear the coolest pep-talks, learn about the most innovating startup ideas!
- Forbes: News, stock markets, technology, leadership, market analysis, real-life corporate situations – just name it, and you’ll find the best Forbes articles on it.
- Harvard Business Review: The ultimate management magazine on leadership, innovation, strategy and the best advice from the leaders. Start your day with HBR. Try making it a habit.
- Quartz: Their analytical pieces on the world economy are worth a thousand newspaper reports. Keep an eye on their quick charts, slideshows, and, of course, Quartz Index for the best industry insights into the pressing issues, economic reforms, and business trends.
Trust us, if you start reading these websites and blogs on a daily basis, your chance of cracking the MBA entrance exam, as well as the subsequent interview, will be much higher than the rest.
Don’t forget to tell us about your favourite blog that has helped you in your preparation.